Covid-19 has been life altering for a lot of people and it continues to be so as we head into the season of summer. There is very little we have control over as a society due to this virus and that often causes people to feel helpless and sad. But, one thing we do have control over is the ability to keep our homes clean and clear from Covid-19.
Here are some tips:
- Clean Hard Surfaces
- Always make sure that you are wearing reusable or disposable gloves when cleaning and disinfecting
- First, always use soap and water (it reduces the number of germs, dirt and impurities on the surface) on surfaces that you are cleaning before using a disinfectant (it kills germs)
- Be sure to clean and disinfect highly-touched areas like: light switches, handles, desks, toilets, faucets, sinks, countertops, etc.
- Disinfect Hard Surfaces
- Make sure you wear gloves and eye protection and have proper ventilation when disinfecting surfaces
- Only use the recommended amount of products
- Use water at room temp to dilute unless label of product states otherwise
- Be sure to keep chemicals away from the reach of children and pets
- Never ingest or inject these disinfects (they are not a Covid-19 antidote)
- Bleach and alcohol are good disinfectants to use, just make sure you dilute bleach with room temp water
- Keep a wipeable cover on your electronics like phones, keyboards, controllers, etc.
- Always follow the manufacturers guide for cleaning and disinfecting.
- Use alcohol wipes with at least 70 percent alcohol in them
- Thoroughly dry electronics
- Soft Surfaces
- It is theorized that Covid-19 only lives on hard surfaces, but why take the risk? Wash sheets, pillows, towels, clothes and stuffed animals frequently.
- Choose the warmest setting possible to wash everything in
- Last, but certainly not least, make sure you are always washing your hands.
- After you leave the grocery store or any other place, apply hand sanitizer and then when you get home, wash your hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds.
- Limit going out to the store and try to shop online
- It just isn’t reasonable nor efficient to wash down every item in your home like food and drink products, so just make sure you wash your hands after handling them
Covid-19 and Pets
Another way to keep your home clean is to watch where your pet has been. Most people tend to keep their pet on a leash when walking them, but there are households that allow their pets to run free. If this is you, you’ll want to make sure this is a minimal amount. There have been some animals who have tested positive for the virus. However, it does appear to affect animals differently than humans. It’s also said that animal transmission of the virus to humans is very low, although tests are still being completed to gain a better understanding. Alternatively, it has been reported that the virus can spread from human to animal.
If you are feeling concerned about keeping your home sanitized and most of us are, please contact us today. Wildout Animal and Pest Control does sanitize homes for Covid-19 among other things.
Just give us a call! 844-945-3688