During the colder months, people tend to forget about pests. Most often, spring and summer are the popular months for pest control. However, it’s important not to forget about pest control in the winter. It’s even more imperative to keep tabs on pest control because the winter months bring in far more pests than most people think.
Colder weather brings more pests indoors and many people find that flies, bees, and mosquitoes are even more of a nuisance than they were in the warmer months. While there is relief from worrisome bites and stings, there is no relief when it comes to pest invasion. Some other popular wintertime pests are mice, cockroaches, and spiders.
Pests like to hide out in buildings and homes during the wintertime because it is too cold for them outside. Most often, during the warmer part of the day, they will scavenge for food and water but tuck back into their hiding spot before it gets cold again. Pests are not harmless, they can carry diseases and cause issues with asthma and allergies.
To keep your home or building safe from pest invasion you need to:
- Be sure to seal up any cracks or holes that allow rodents to get inside. Check where pipes are located. Since mice can fit through a hole the size of a dime, you cannot be too cautious when repairing cracks and holes.
- When storing firewood for those cold nights, make sure it’s at least 20 feet around from your home. Firewood makes a perfect spot for pests who love to burrow.
- When you have clutter in or around your home, it creates the ideal atmosphere for rodents.
- Make sure you screen your chimney vents and keep areas that trap moisture, dry like attics, basements, and crawl spaces.
- Check pipes for leakage or ones that might be clogged. A lot of pests like to come in through pipes in the kitchen and/or bathroom.
- Lastly, check door sweeps and repair damaged window screens.
These are helpful tips to avoid the risk of a pest invasion, but more than not, these little pests still find a way in. That is where Wildout Animal and Pest Removal comes in. Wildout can come into your home or building and offer you a free thorough inspection to find out how pests are getting into your home. They can remove them and even repair any damage the pests have caused. They can also set you up with future prevention methods so that you can spend less time worrying about pests and more time planning holiday parties, even if they are all online this year.
The winter months are about cuddling up with a good book or a nice movie in front of the fire and relaxing. Dealing with pests is not relaxing so free your mind and call Wildout today. 844-945-3688