It’s that time of the year again! Do you smell pumpkin spice in the air? Have you carved a pumpkin yet? Fall is a personal favorite to many people around the world because it puts this unique blend of creature comforts like hot cocoa and pumpkins together with the knowledge that Halloween is just right around the corner.
Along with all the joys of fall comes some uncomfortable creatures we could all live without. Rodents, spiders and cockroaches love fall just like many humans do because it gives them the chance to explore warm homes. With winter quickly approaching, it also allows pests a chance to find a place to hibernate.
Unfortunately, this also means that the risk of disease for humans increases too. Rodents carry diseases like Hantavirus and Salmonella. Outside of disease risk, rodents can also create the risk of fires by gnawing on electrical wires. They can also use insulation for nesting which can also cause fires.
Cockroaches can spread disease too. This is typically through their saliva or their droppings and their saliva has been known to cause asthma attacks in young children.
Of course, spiders can be poisonous so you don’t want to allow them to be crawling around all over your home.
To make sure you keep your home pest-free, you’ll have to implement some fall-proofing tips:
- Make sure you repair any damaged screens and install door sweeps
- For chimney openings, make sure you use screen vents
- Take the time to seal up cracks, even ones you don’t think pose a threat
- Check your pet food containers and make sure they are sealed with air-tight containers and dispose of garbage in air-tight containers as well
- Check for leaky pipes and clogged drains
- Make sure when storing firewood, it is kept at least 20 feet around from your home. This is a breeding ground for pests who are looking for some place warm.
Fall is the perfect time for pests to start looking for a nice warm home to burrow in for the long winter. Don’t let your home be one of those places. Wildout Animal and Pest Removal can provide you with a free thorough inspection so that you can feel comfortable about your home during the months of fall and winter. They start by looking for entry points and if they find some pest hiding away in your basement or attic, they can safely and humanely remove it for you. All you have to do is sit back and relax.
Wildout will take the time to restore any damages that pests have created as well. This is a stressful problem for homeowners, but it isn’t something you have to worry over. Give Wildout a call today: 844-945-3688