A few months ago, nearly the whole country was placed under some sort of stay-at-home order and while most of those have lifted, it appears that they could be reenacted once again. Essential businesses are able to stay open and one of those businesses is pest control. Pest control actually has more business than it did before.
Two reasons pest control has more business:
- Pests are more numerous than before because while people are staying at home, pests are branching out to find more ways to eat.
- A lot of pest control companies also offer a sanitization process.
Businesses and residential homes both are affected by pests on the average basis, but since some companies haven’t even opened back up to the public, that business becomes the perfect breeding ground for pests. So, it’s even more important to hire a pest control company to come in and take care of any pests. This is something that a lot of businesses do not think about because there is no traffic, but that is the exact reason that more pests will be found in these essentially “abandoned” buildings. Small pests come in to feed off bits and pieces of food left behind and even bigger pests come in looking for those smaller pests.
Ways To Prevent Pests
- Inspect the outside of your home or business. This is important because you will want to know what places are vulnerable for pests to come in. To seal up these areas, use a silicone-based caulk. For larger gaps, use steel wool.
- Check for termite damage, this is a huge complaint of both homeowners and business owners. Mud tubes and soft, hollow wood are both signs of termites.
- Keep your grass cut low, even for businesses, high grass means more pests.
- Check your gutters and clean out leaves and other debris.
- Rotting shingles can allow pests to get into your roof or attic space.
- Check screen windows because if you have tears, this is an easy place for small pests to get into your home or business.
- Don’t allow water to collect because it becomes a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- If you have firewood on your property, be sure it’s stored at least 20 feet from your home.
- Make sure you take out trash regularly
- Vacuum your carpets at least once a week
- Wipe down counters and remove any crumbs or residue for spillage.
If you are worried about your home or business through all the stay-at-home orders, contact Wildout Animal and Pest Control for all your pest needs. Not only does Wildout provide you with a free inspection, they will also give your home or business a complete remediation and meet your sanitization needs. Plus, they offer a 10 percent discount to active and retired educators, first responders and military. Contact Wildout Animal & Pest Removal today: 844-945-3688