Owning and managing a business is hard enough without having to deal with pests and one particular type of pest that likes to hang around commercial properties is birds.
Birds create problems for businesses because they build nests that can clog drain pipes or create fire hazards around electrical wires. They also leave their droppings wherever they feel like it, which ultimately creates safety concerns since their droppings contain diseases that are transmittable to humans.
It’s important to have regular pest control for your commercial property for many reasons, but let’s start with the most pressing:
- Bird droppings contain transmittable diseases: Birds transmit more than 60 diseases in their droppings which is many more than I can cover in this article. So here are a few:
- Avian Influenza: also known as “bird flu” or “H5N1 virus” is a deadly disease for humans, it can cause symptoms that are more severe then the flu such as high fever, cough, respiratory difficulties and muscle aches.
- Avian Tuberculosis: is a disease that can be transmitted by inhaling microscopic organisms in bird droppings. It is a particularly hard disease to beat and can cause symptoms like swollen stomach, weight loss, imparied breathing and diarrhea.
- Salmonellosis: is a disease that can be found in the droppings of certain birds like sparrows, starlings and pigeons.
- Birds can also cause damage to your building: Pigeons can poke holes in your building’s roof tiles or even remove tiles completely. If a bird is able to gain access to the inside of your building, they can cause insulation damage or rip open the packaging of stored goods.
- Birds can contribute to pest growth: Smaller pests like to hang out on bigger pests, that is why fleas and ticks are so abundant on cats and dogs. Well, they travel on birds too. But, not just fleas and ticks, but mites and lice as well. When a bird builds a nest, smaller pests generally take over the nest and if the nest is in your building, they can take over your business too!
Birds are awesome animals to watch and they are beautiful but you don’t want them hanging around your business. They truly can cost you hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in repairs and of course, you don’t want your employees or customers getting sick due to all the droppings being left behind.
If you have some uninvited bird guests, it’s time to call Wildout Animal and Pest Removal. Not only can they remove the birds for you, they can also set up preventative measures to keep them away. Just give them a call today 844-945-3688!