Rodents are a known issue for commercial property. They love to sneak into the smallest spaces and create damage through the entire building. They do this by chewing into walls, gnawing on electrical wires and leaving their droppings behind as they scurry from place to place. They can cause thousands of dollars of damage if left to freely roam your property.
Reasons Rodents Love Your Commercial Property
Because it’s the perfect place to find shelter and food
- Rodents love eating food and they also like to have a safe place to eat it, so of course, your building is the perfect place for both.
- Even if your business is not within the food industry, there are still plenty of food options available. Breakrooms, trash cans around desks and bathrooms are generally where mice sightings happen.
- However, they also like to tuck away in dark surroundings and only come out at night.
Because they don’t like a lot of attention
- Rodents like to hide away because it keeps them safer. Therefore, they stay hidden throughout the day and come out at night to snack on food and find water.
- When it comes to commercial property, there are places that rodents can run freely and people are not usually around. These areas create the perfect place for rodents to stay hidden and only come out at night when everyone has left the building.
There are many ways to find out if you have a rodent(s) living in your building. Their little black pellet-like droppings are the first indication. However, finding chewed-up wires or gnawed on wood is another indicator. You might also hear some noises like light squeaking or a rustling side within the walls, floor or ceiling. If they are out in the daytime, chances are you will see them. However, as mentioned before, they like to stay hidden so catching them in the act is tough.
If you think you might have rodents in your building, it’s past time to call Wildout Animal and Pest Removal. Not only can they take care of any current pests you may have lurking in your business, but they can also prevent future ones from invading as well. Wildout can also restore your building back to the way it was before rodents started living there. They can offer this within one of their packages. The only thing you have to do is give them a call. So, what are you waiting for? Call today: 844-945-3688